Genetics Laboratory Worksheet All answers must be hand-written!
1. Complete the sex-linked virtual laboratory journal analysis questions.
2. Complete the heterogeneous-by-heterozygous cross below. What is the phenotypic ratio? _____
Aa X Aa
3. Complete the heterozygous-by-homozygous cross below. What is the genotypic ratio? _____
Aa X aa
4. Complete the cross of a color blind man and a normal-visioned woman.
XbY X XB XB
5. A woman with normal color vision, whose father was color blind, marries a man with normal color vision. What do you expect to see among their offspring? ____________________________________________________________________________
What would you expect to see if it was the normal-visioned mans father who was color blind?
6. What is the genotype of a man who has sickle-cell trait? ___________________________
7. Name a common trisomy. ___________________________
8. Dimples (D) are dominant over no dimples (d). Janes parents both have dimples, but she does not. What are her parents genotypes.
9. Janes father is blood type A and Janes mother is blood type B. Jane is blood type O. Draw a Punnett Square demonstrating these genotypes.
10. Explain what is meant by incomplete dominance. Provide an example.
11. A couple has taken their youngest child to their family physician because they are concerned that the child is having difficulty breathing and frequently complains of stomach aches. Neither parent has had such experiences. The couple has 3 other children who have never presented such symptoms. This is most likely an ____________ _____________ trait. The chance of each child having such a disorder is _____%. What is the genotype of the father?_________ What is the genotype of the mother?________
12. Huntingtons disease is a neurological disorder that leads to progressive degeneration of brain cells. Assuming that one parent is heterozygous for Huntingtons and the other parent does not have the disease, what are the chances that their children will have Huntingtons disease?
13. List the resulting gametes formed from nondisjunction in meiosis I in a female. Nondisjunction in meiosis II results in the formation of which type of gametes in males?
14. A male with chromosome pattern XYY has __________ syndrome.
15. Complete the following dihybrid cross. What is the phenotypic ratio?_________________
AaBb X aabb
16. Complete the following dihybrid cross. What is the phenotypic ratio?_________________
AaBb X AaBb
I have an assignment due after 10 hours