Kindly write an analysis paper(at least 700 words â€“ 3 pages), and please follow the below guidelines and the instructions carefully.
– Sapiens, by Yuval Harari. Chapters 2
Note: YOU HAVE WROTE A SUMMARY ABOUT THIS CHAPTER BEFORE.
Analysis is one of the many tools that writers use to take a position. A crucial first step to analytical thinking is to be able to summarize another personâ€™s perspective. But an analysis is also an argument. So in addition to summarizing a key point in either Sapiens or Geography of Bliss, you will now talk backâ€”agreeing, disagreeing, or partially agreeing. You will also be able to use your own close reading skills and pertinent first person experience as evidence to support your argument.
Analyze a key themefound in one of the chapters we have read in the class so far. Construct a â€œthey say/I sayâ€ paper that summarizes the source/point youâ€™re exploring, before moving into your own analysis. Maybe you want to explore a provocative issue (like all religion being a â€œmyth,â€ or that the way to happiness is through altering our biochemistry.) Or something else from our readings. Find a point that genuinely interests you.
Then start with summary. Carefully and fully explain what it is the source argues. Then once youâ€™ve offered a summary (i.e. â€œthey say,â€) you should give a thesis statement (â€œI sayâ€) exploring what you wish to agree with, partially agree with, or refute. Make sure any quotations you use support your overall analysis.
– Do you begin by summarizing your source in an analytical fashion, anticipating where your argument is headed?
– Do you identify, in your thesis statement, the claim in your reading that you wish to engage with?
– Is your focus sufficiently narrowed?
– Is it clear that youâ€™ve practiced close reading of the text?
– Does your thesis express agreement, disagreement, or partial agreement?
– Does your analysis paper effectively incorporate summary, paraphrase and/or quotation as support for your argument?
– Do you include appropriate citations in MLA format?
– Is your analysis paper organized and free of grammatical errors?
Typed, double-spaced, 12-point font. At least 700 words (3 pages) , MLA style
Due Date: Thursday , 2/8