Assignment Description and Instructions
Write a detailed report of your analytical findings and strategic issues from your analysis of Proctor & Gamble to the vice president of strategy. Explain that this analysis focuses on the three strategic elements of P&G and the concerns or opportunities about how the strategic elements fit the strategic frame. Note, henceforth the concerns and opportunities are to be referred to as strategic issues, and be managed toward and integrated with the Comprehensive Organizational Strategic Analysis.
- Analyze and synthesize inconsistencies between the Proctor and Gamble’s strategy and its goals. Does the strategy establish a direction and set aspirations that motivate and inspire the members of the organization to achieve its goals?
- Evaluate how P&G leverages its resources and capability to execute the business strategy. Are P&G’s capabilities found in its functions or the value chain, or both? Referring to Figure 3.5, are P&G’s resources and capabilities allocated to establish and sustain competitive advantage? Does the strategy give coherence to decisions about allocation of resources?
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the organizational structure and management system design, and its ability to support the key resources and capabilities that execute the business strategy. Is the organizational structure suited for the particular tasks and particular business environment of P&G?
- Articulate concerns or opportunities regarding shareholders and stakeholders, distribution of excess profits, or other ethical dilemmas. Does the strategy consistently balance stockholders and stakeholder interests?
- Articulate concerns or opportunities about the strategic fit between the P&G’s capabilities, organizational structure, and management systems.
- Compose a preliminary strategic fit report on Proctor and Gamble and its internal environment and how strategies are applied to product lines or market segments.
- Submit your report in a business format, adhering to the submission requirements b