Assignment 3: Business-Level and Corporate-Level Strategies
Choose an industry you have not yet written about in this course, and one publicly traded corporation within that industry. Research the company on its own Website, the public filings on the Securities and Exchange Commission EDGAR database (http://www.sec.gov/edgar.shtml), and any other sources you can find. The annual report will often provide insights that can help address some of these questions.
Write 4 pages paper in which you:
- Analyze the business-level strategies for the company you chose to determine the business-level strategy you think is important to the long-term success and justify whether or not you judge this to be a good choice.
- Analyze the corporate-level strategies for the corporation you chose to determine the corporate-level strategy you think is most important to the long-term success of the firm and whether or not you judge this to be a good choice. Justify your opinion.
- Analyze the competitive environment to determine corporations significant competitor. Compare their strategies at each level and evaluate which company you think is successful in the long term. Justify your choice.
- Determine whether your choice from Question 3 would differ in slow-cycle and fast-cycle markets.
- Use three (3) quality references. Note:Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.