After viewing the Digestive System video, use the outline below to discuss the purpose and function of the human digestive system:
- The Digestive Tract
- Appraise the purpose and components of the digestive system during digestion and the absorption of nutrients.
- The Mechanical Aspect of Digestion
- Discuss the key mechanical processes involved with the digestion of a food item of your choice.
- The Chemical Aspect of Digestion
- Distinguish the mechanical and chemical digestive processes and discuss the role of enzymes and other gastric fluids in digesting sugar, starch, fiber, fat, and protein.
- A Letter From Your Digestive Tract
- Assess the correlation between food choices and digestive disorders and explain how to avoid such disorders.