Psychologists have often asked themselves, which is the main factor that determines personality: is personality genetically inherited or developed gradually through experience in the social environment? This is a central question in the study of personality. In this assignment, you will argue whether it is genetic factors, environmental factors or a combination of both that determines personality.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Instructors will be using a grading rubric to grade the assignments. It is recommended that learners review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment in order to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
In a paper of 1,000– 1,250 words, argue whether it is genetics, environment, or a combination of both that determines personality Include the following in your paper:
- A summary of the arguments for genetics, environment, or a combination of both as the determinant of personality.
- An evaluation of these arguments that culminates in the statement of a position on the issue.