Assignment 2: Hacking Theory
Due Week 6 and worth 75 points
Write a paper in which you:
- Explain the various forms of social engineering tactics that hackers employ and provide a recent example of each.
- Describe the five social norms of hacker subculture and provide an example of each.
- Search Internet news sources and find a recent article (less than 1 year old) on hacking. Describe the tone in regard to hacking and explain what the article conveys in regard to stigmas and labels surrounding the hacker.
- Go to https://research.strayer.edu to locate at least three (3) quality references for this assignment. One must have been published within the last year. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow SWS or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the technologies and processes involved in digital forensics.
- Explain the ethical concerns that information technologies raise in society and the impact of information technologies on crime, terrorism, and war.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in information technology in criminal justice.
- Write clearly and concisely about information technology in criminal justice topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.