Child and Adolescent Development class
Assignment: Unit 5: Cognitive Development: Language and Intelligence
WE ARE WORKING ON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
Design a New School
This is a team work and my part is highlighted which you have to work on powerpoint
This Assignment assesses the following course outcomes:
HN 377-6: Design ethical interventions to serve children and adolescents.
PC1.1: Work in teams to achieve collective goals.
Team Peer Evaluation Worksheet located in doc sharing.
You have noticed several schools in your community have been reporting failing scores and are struggling to engage students. In this Assignment you will be working with a group of peers to design a new school to serve the children in your community. The design of the school will be based on what you have learned about the concept of multiple intelligences through your textbook and at least two additional sources.
Create a minimum 15 slide PowerPoint presentation incorporating the following elements:
- Compare and contrast traditional theories on intelligence with Gardner’s theory of Multiple Intelligences. (THIS IS THE ONLY PART YOU HAVE TO WORK ON BECAUSE THAT’S MY PART OKAY)
- Based on what you have learned about the theory of multiple intelligences, describe how students in your new school would be grouped.
- List the subject areas that would be taught in your school and describe how learning would be assessed.
- Describe how Gardner’s theory would help shape the layout of the school.youre working on this now
- Explore the characteristics and strengths that the teaching staff should comprise.