In this assignment, you will engage in a discussion of database triggers, constraints, and front-end applications. Through exchanges with your fellow students, you should deepen your understanding of these database concepts and be able to defend your usage of each of these tools.
Using the Argosy University online library resources, scholarly or professional resources, your course textbook, and the Internet, conduct research on the following:
- Stored procedures
- Front-end applications used in a database
- Tools and technologies that help create front-end applications
- Object Linking and Embedding; Database (OLE DB)
- Open Database Connectivity (ODBC)
- Java Database Connectivity (JDBC)
- ActiveX Data Objects (ADO)
Based on your research, respond to the following:
- Do you agree with the statement, triggers enforce business rules? Why or why not? Give reasons for your answer.
- Compare triggers with constraints. Specify situations where you think the use of one will be better than that of the other and why.
- Which of the tools and technologies that help create front-end applications do you rate as the most useful? Why? On what factors do you base your rating?
- What is the purpose of OLE DB, ODBC, JDBC, ADO, and ADO.NET? Is there any similarity between these? If yes, suggest a suitable name to group these. Provide reasons to support your answer.