PLEASE NO PLAGIARISM
PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS
THE COMPANY IS VERIZON COMMUNICATIONS
Students, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Assignment 2: Compensation Plan Outline
Due Week 8 and worth 300 points
Using the same company you researched in Assignment 1, evaluate the companyâ€™s compensation plan to determine how it could be improved.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Evaluate the existing compensation plan to determine if it is the most appropriate for your company. Explain your rationale.
- Determine the most beneficial ratio of internally consistent and market consistent compensation systems for the company you selected.
- Evaluate the current pay structure used by your company and assess the recognition of employee contributions.
- Make two (2) recommendations for improving the effectiveness of the discretionary benefits provided by the company you selected.
- Evaluate the types of employer-sponsored retirement plans and health insurance programs provided by the company you selected and compare them to that companyâ€™s major competitors.
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow SWS or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Evaluate the effectiveness of traditional bases for pay (seniority and merit) against incentive-based and person-focused compensation approaches.
- Compare and contrast internally consistent and market-competitive compensation systems.
- Evaluate the role of benefits in strategic compensation.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in compensation management.
- Write clearly and concisely about compensation management using proper writing mechanics.
Click here to view the grading rubric.
SafeAssign for Class Assignments
SafeAssign Message: SafeAssign is a new plagiarism detection tool used by Strayer University Faculty to check submitted assignments for plagiarism. When students upload an assignment to the Blackboard course shell the assignments submitted by the class may automatically be submitted to SafeAssign to check for plagiarism.
Once submitted, you will be given a percentage of the paper (in a Safe Assign Originality Report) that matches other sources. That percentage must be 20% or below to have an acceptable submission. (That would mean that 20% or less of the paper was copied/pasted from another site.)
You may want to contact your Learning Resource team or refer to the Virtual Writing Center for information and tips to enhance your writing skills, learn about APA formatting, and participate in live sessions.
Questions pertaining to SafeAssisgn can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Expectations & Important information for this and future assignments
The ideology behind the required assignments is to test yourself, to assess your knowledge, and to serve as a testimonial that you grasped the material. These assignments help you to grow, excel, and succeeded in the future. In order to accomplish this, here are some guidelines to follow:
- Read the directions/requirements
- Review the rubric. Have the rubric in front of you while your compost the paper.
- Check your document for plagiarism- You have access to Safe Assign, a tool to check for similarities (plagiarism). A similarity report is populated shortly after your submit the assignment. I strongly suggest you review/redo the assignment, if the report shows a similarity greater than 20%. This tool is for your benefit, please use it to ensure your submission confirms to Strayer University’s requirements. Most of all this tool will help you avoid violating the Academic Integrity Policy.
- Read/Review the late submission policy. This link is located under the Student Center Tab, under the Student Course Guide section
Familiarize yourself with the following: SWS (Strayer Writing Standards) and or APA, Paraphrasing, Citing (in-text), Quoting, and Plagiarism
Under the Student Center Tab, at the bottom, under Additional sources there are many helpful links that will help you excel in composing, citing, writing and avoiding plagiarism. I am also providing these links for your convenience.
- Make sure your paper confirms to Strayer Universitiesâ€™ Writing Standards and/or APA requirements. Setting up document for APA:
- APA Format Citations-Sixth (6th) Edition: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pbUoNa5tyY
- APA Referencing: The Basics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOEmM5gmTJM
- APA Reference Page: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNGHw6Gwt7Q
- APA Format: In-text Citations, Quotations, and Plagiarism: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FrJeRrLYe0
- Paraphrasing: Every day when we talk, write, send emails, text, etc., we paraphrase. Yet this word seem to scare everyone.
- Plagiarism: Cheating, Stealing, Scamming, Vandalism, etc., are just some of the many word use to describe/define Plagiarism.
What is Plagiarism? :http://www.plagiarism.org/plagiarism-101/what-is-plagiarism
- Quotation, Paraphrase and Summary: What is it? These are the fundamentals ways to improve oneâ€™s writing skills.
Note: The information above will help you to provide quality work. Be advised: I will be checking your submission through Safe Assign, and/or turnitin (plagiarism checker), if need be. If the similarity index is greater than 20%, and further evaluation indicates that the document is plagiarized, a grade of â€œzeroâ€ will be recorded in the grade book. Furthermore, Student Affairs will be notified of violation of the Academic Integrity policy. If the assignment is deemed to have been Plagiarized, under no circumstances will you have a chance to RE-DO. NO EXCEPTIONS!