For this assignment, you are to research the environment surrounding the company of your choice, both at the macro- as well at the micro-level. For the external environment, the following two analyses should be performed: an industry-level analysis (Porters Five Forces), and a macro-level external environment analysis, such as the PESTEL (Political, Economic, Social, Technological, Environmental, and Legal) analysis.
Together, the data collected from these two analyses will help to determine how prepared the company is to face the main challenges of doing business in a globalized marketplace and staying competitive. Use instruments from your readings, class discussions, and specific evidence from scholarly sources to support your outcomes.
In a 57-page report, complete the following:
- Conduct a macro-external environment analysis (PESTEL) and identify trends that are likely to affect the industry in which your chosen company operates.
- Conduct an industry analysis, identifying:
- New entrants and related threats to your chosen company
- Current competition
- Substitute products/services and related threats to your chosen company
- Power held by buyers and suppliers in the current and future target markets
- Key success factors in pursuing current operations and in internationalizing/globalizing operations
- From both analyses, generate a list of 5 to 8 external factors that represent important opportunities and threats (OT) facing the chosen company currently and in the future movement towards internationalization of operations.
- Conduct a succinct internal analysis of your organization. Explain if existing resources and capabilities are aligned to take advantage of opportunities and face the threats identified in the external environment assessment. Your analysis should address main assets and competencies, value chain, facilities and operations, personnel, and financial situation.