As the Office Manager for a large physician practice, you are charged with leading the implementation of a new Electronic Health Record (EHR) system for the entire practice. You want to create a presentation that illustrates how health information exchange works. To prepare for your presentation, explain the functionality of current archival and retrieval systems used by physician practices. Research how your state’s Regional Health Extension Center (RHEC) and Regional Health Information Exchange can help support the implementation process.
Create a 10–15 slide PowerPoint® presentation to persuade the physicians that it is beneficial to utilize the RHEC during the EHR implementation process and include the below information:
- Functionality of archival and retrieval systems used by physician practices.
- Privacy, security, and confidentiality policies and procedures for internal and external use and exchange of health information.
- Technology for data collection, storage, analysis, and reporting of information.
- Regional Health Extension Center (RHEC) and Regional Health Information Exchange.
? Evaluate standards and regulations for documentation (such as Joint Commission, CARF). ? Evaluate health information standards (such as HL-7, UMLS). Course outcome assessed in this Assignment: HS420-2: Differentiate between standards for accreditation agencies and healthcare laws.
AHIMA CEE Curriculum Mapping Domain Subdomain Competency
Domain I. Data Content, Structure & Standards (Information Governance) Subdomain I.B. Health Record Content and Documentation
2. Compile organization-wide health record documentation guidelines
Domain III. Informatics, Analytics and Data Use Subdomain III.G. Health Information Exchange
2. Conduct system testing to ensure data integrity and quality of health information exchange Domain III. Informatics, Analytics and Data Use Subdomain III.G. Health Information Exchange
3. Differentiate between various models for health information exchange Assignment Requirements ? Please complete all parts in a Microsoft Word document. ? The body of your document should be at least 1500 words in length. ? Quoting should be less than 10% of the entire paper. Paraphrasing is necessary. ? Students must cite and reference at least 4 credible sources from the KU Library. ? Please be sure to download the file “Writing Center Resources” from Doc Sharing to assist you with meeting APA expectations for written Assignments