1) Define hunger. Malnutrition or malnourishment. And why it is a problem of the South.
2) Define North and South as they pertain to IR.
3) How did colonialism impact farming in general? What are colonialisms legacies in the developing world?
4) What is the difference between colonialism and imperialism?
5) Compare and contrast capitalist and socialist perspectives on economic growth and capital.
6) How can we measure prosperity? What is the best measure?
7) What is dependency theory? What are its assumptions?
8) What is world systems theory? What are its assumptions?
9) What is ISI? Give an example.
10) What is EOI or EOG? Give an example.
11) What is the semi-periphery? What are the NICs? How did these countries industrialize?
12) What are some of the shortcomings of dependency and modernization theory as outlined in class lecture?
13) What lessons can the developing states learn from the NICs?
14) Describe the challenges of concentrating capital for manufacturing and an alternative to capitalization microcredit.
15) Choose one of the following and explain how they have developed/are trying to develop: China, India, Mexico, Turkey or Nigeria.
16) Discuss the international debt crisis, its causes, and possible solutions.