In a five-page essay, you will discuss the influence that alcohol has had on societies and individuals.
Alcohol addiction is a common malady across many countries and cultures in the world. Some cultures encourage the use of alcohol as a part of social ritual while others ban its use entirely. In this assignment, you will conduct research on one of the following cultural groups to understand their use of alcohol. Select one group from the following choices: Native Americans, Eastern European, Western European, Saudi Arabian, or South Koreans.
In the first part of the paper, explain how alcohol affects the body/brain. Summarize the dangers of alcohol abuse on individuals and society. Then, in the second part of the paper, describe alcohol use in a specific group/culture. Use the Kaplan University library to find at least three studies of alcohol use by the chosen group. Explain how that society/group views alcohol use, alcoholism, and treatment for alcoholism.
In the second part of the paper, provide examples of how members of the selected culture transmit their attitudes about alcohol to other members of their culture. Find examples of advertising, traditions, and/or stories that either encourage or discourage the use of alcohol. How do these messages influence the trends of use in that society?
Explain how alcohol use has either served or hurt the people in your selected group.
Focus your paper on the following ideas:
Part One (at least two pages)
1. Describe how the body and brain can be damaged from the use of too much alcohol.
2. What are the dangers of addiction for individuals and society?
3.Evaluate the ethics of Antabuse (Disulfiram) prescription with clients diagnosed with Alcohol Use Disorder, severe.
Part Two (at least two pages)
4. Provide a specific example of how members of one of these groups (Eastern Europeans, Native Americans, Japanese, or Saudi Arabians) communicate their beliefs about alcohol to encourage or discourage drinking (e.g. cultural norms). Then, describe how those messages help to form the beliefs about alcohol and treatment of the selected group.
5. Research the trends of use in the selected culture (within the last twenty years). Describe the rates of use and treatment (e.g. increase or decrease) and explain why the rates have changed or stayed the same.
6. In the summary, provide reflection about how the personal beliefs and values of the addiction professional impacts treatment of members of the selected group.
Each paper should include: