Describe how the use of a tall smoke stack might improve air quality near a large industrial facility..
QUESTIONS TO BE ANSWERED:
1. Describe how the use of a tall smoke stack might improve air quality near a large industrial facility.
2. How can topography contribute to pollution in a city or region?
3. From where do hurricanes derive their energy? What factors tend to weaken hurricanes? Would you expect a hurricane to weaken more quickly if it moved over land or over cooler water?
4. Where is the Bermuda high located during the summer and fall? How might the path of a hurricane, moving toward the west from Africa, be affected by the Bermuda High as the hurricane approaches the United States?
5. How do you think pollutants are removed from the atmosphere? Does this occur quickly or slowly?