Be sure you address each point as completely as possible.
- Describe a patient safety issue within your organization (medication errors in the nursing homes)
- Compare the way your organization addresses patient safety issues with the concepts, principles, and practices that contribute to quality improvement and patient safety.
- Analyze the legal and ethical consequences of not addressing the issue.
- Recommend evidence-based interventions to address the patient safety issue.
- Explain how technology can be used to improve the issue.
- Identify possible organizational barriers to change (budget, vision, technology, or others).
- Describe strategies to overcome organizational barriers to change, based on your knowledge of the organization.