1. The Temple and synagogues in Jesus day. (The Temple was called Herods Temple) What was the purpose of each one? (There was one Temple but many synagogues; you can think of synagogues like churches today, they were religious gatherings of Jews.) Include a layout of the Temple and an explanation of its different areas.
2. The meaning of Passover (the historical event and the meal), the significance and duties of the Jewish High Priest, and give biographies of Caiaphas (the High Priest during the last part of Jesus life), and Pilate (they will be short biographies because not much is known of them).
3. Describe the city of Rome in the first century.
4. Describe the cities of Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea. The book of Revelation was addressed to house churches in these 7 cities.
5. What happened to the other Apostles? Describe what happened to the 11 original Apostles (not Judas, since he committed suicide). Warning: Much of what we know is uncertain. But you can include what is believed to have happened to each, although you will need to include what the ancient source is that gives that information.
6. Trace the Roman emperors in the time period from 4 BC (when Jesus was born) to AD 100 (approximately when the last books of the NT were written and the last Apostle died, John).