Please Read Instructions First: The responses should include answering the main discussion questions, fully, including proper cites as well. If you use citations, I should be able to look it up to use for reference to understand. (USE ALL AMERICAN PUBLICATIONS, CITATIONS AND RESOURCES FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT!) The professor requires that the questions be restated and then answered for the discussion questions. I highlighted the questions in bold, italic and underlined so you would know exactly which ones to restate and answer. If this is not done, it is his option to deduct formatting points and I could get a 0 for the work. This discussions questions does not require APA style. Discussion Questions Set 1 should be about two pages and Discussion Questions Set 2 should be about two pages. The more the in-depth the information is the better as long as you fully answer each set of discussions. I have to copy and post to the discussion board. All work should be original with no plagiarism and in proper English grammar.
- Discussion Questions Set 1 Employee Testing Please respond to the following:
- Evaluate the types of employee testing that companies may require that are discussed in the text. Determine the two tests that you consider the most important. Support your reasoning.
- Go to Human Metrics Website and take the Jung Typology Test (sample of the Myers Briggs personality test). Next, examine your test results. Determine whether you believe this type of personality test is beneficial to an organization. Support your position. My results from the test:
Extravert (6%) Sensing (19%) Thinking (9%) Judging (53%)
- You have slight preference of Extraversion over Introversion (6%)
- You have slight preference of Sensing over Intuition (19%)
- You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (9%)
- You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (53%)
- Class, last week in our discussions I expressed some concerns that I have regarding the use of testing, especially personality testing. If an organization uses tests of any sort, possibly excluding skill tests, but definitely for personality tests, or honesty tests, the test used must be considered to be valid and reliable. In other words, a test that you would find off the Internet would not be acceptable. What does the terms valid and reliable mean, and why should HR be concerned that the test selected is considered to be valid and reliable?
- Discussion Questions Set 2 Employee Selection Please respond to the following:
- Compare and contrast the structured interview, situational interview, and behavioral interview. Determine which type of interview would be more beneficial when interviewing applicants. Support your selection.
- In the selection of the candidate, determine if the manager should make the final choice or if others should be included in the final decision. Support your position.
- Class, while there are many different types of interviews that can be conducted, the issue turns to what is the best interview to be used not only for the position, but also for organizational strategy as well as legal concerns. As you look at each one of the interviews identified in this discussion thread, if you were interviewing a person for a position, which interview technique would you chose? In rank order, which interview method do you feel presents the most significant legal problems (in other words rank the interview techniques from the most legal concerns to the least)? Why did you select the interview technique as number one?