Below is an outline that you may adapt to prepare your proposal. It shows the required sections for your project.
I. Introduction â€“ In this section, identify the organization and whether you have access to it directly. Describe the exact nature of the project you propose to do and why you want to do this particular project. This should go beyond the brief information that you provided in your prospectus and provide the following:
- Target organization.
- Nature of the project.
- Rationale for the project.
II. Outcome Demonstration â€“ Describe how this project will allow you to demonstrate each MBA program outcome. The four section titles below refer to the outcomes that are listed in the Capstone Prospectus Template. This section should incorporate any feedback that you received on outcome demonstration in your prospectus.
- Competency 1: Apply foundational knowledge and an understanding of business systems, processes, and technology within and across core disciplines.
- Competency 2: Integrate information across disciplines and from differing perspectives.
- Competency 5: Lead and collaborate in virtual, global, and culturally diverse environments.
- Competency 6: Integrate principles of ethics and integrity into business decisions.
III. Data Sources â€“ Identify where you will get the data needed to complete the project, whether via direct access to the organization or via published sources. Be as detailed as possible, since whether you have access to enough data to make the project feasible will be evaluated. At this stage, identify at least three specific resources and provide a written strategy for finding other sources.
IV. Outline â€“ Provide a brief, working outline of your actual project. This outline can change and grow as you work, but you need an outline to properly begin. Your outline should include an introduction and conclusion, as well as at least four subheadings in between. Refer to the Outlines document linked in the Resources to review basic outline structure.
V. Projected Timeline â€“ Provide a timeline for the project, to be completed no later than the end of MBA-FP6900. Tasks should include any preliminary activity needed for getting permissions (if needed), data gathering, data analysis, report writing, presentation preparation, and anything else that would form a significant part of the work needed to complete the project.
Note that successful completion of an acceptable proposal will facilitate the completion of your capstone course and help you make timely progress toward your degree completion. Refer to the Assessment 1 and 2 Context, as well as the Course Summary, for detailed information about the capstone project as a whole.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA (6th edition) style and formatting.
- Number of resources: Minimum of 3 resources.
- Length of paper: 2â€“3 typed, double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
******want to be done by the end of dec