- Your readings discuss heuristics and cognitive biases which affect our thinking, reasoning, and decision-making processes.
- Develop one or two paragraphs that presents a one-sided, simplified argument about some psychological issue like having a fixed, absolute opinion. Examples you could use are: a) low self-esteem is the cause of bullying, b) parenting/nurture is more important than nature, c) repressed memory/ memory recall claims are always accurate, d) low self-esteem is the cause of low academic success, or some other absolute argument.
- How did you use language, wording, and terminology to frame or present your fixed, one-sided opinion or argument?
- What biases or mental short cuts were used in your explanations?
- If you were presented with this argument, how could you refute the biases and suggest a more balanced explanation?
Is this part of your assignment? ORDER NOW
Philanthropicprofessor.org is a marketplace platform to connect students with tutors for their academic needs. Our network of tutors will help make study error-free with accurate grammar, context, guidelines, and everything in between. Enjoy top-quality academic guidance by the veteran specialists.