CA 499 W7Using My Research
The following topic(s) will demonstrate what the discussion is about, but feel free to branch off or expand on the topics. At the end of the discussion, you will be asked to craft a 150 word reflection on what you have learned through this conversation and post it to the Weekly Reflection Journal. The more active you are in this part of the discussion, the more you will have to draw from in your reflection, so get involved, be active, help out your classmates when they need it, and, most of all, enjoy the conversation.
Discuss how (or if) what you have discovered has (or will) change your role within the communities in which you are a member. Why or why not? Please respond to at least two of your colleagues.
CA499 W7 Reflection Journal
This week, through our work, we have come to the end of our course research project. Additionally, we have begun to explore the following course outcomes:
- Apply knowledge of the liberal arts and/or sciences appropriate to the discipline
- Analyze extensive research data
- Articulate research findings in a concise, comprehensive report
- Combine two specialized areas of expertise with a well-rounded understanding of the sociological and cultural implications of the specialized knowledge
In this reflection journal, in at least 150 words, reflect back on what you have learned so far through the course readings, assignment (if youve completed it yet), and our discussion. Consider the following questions to guide your reflection:
- What, if anything, did you find surprising, particularly challenging, interesting, or useful?
- From what you know about this course so far, what connections can you make to previous learning experiences, and how do you think this course will help you as you move forward in your college and professional life?
- How do the course outcomes for this week apply to your experience so far?
- What questions do you still need answered?