Do the EVERYONE DO question and TWO additional questions for a TOTAL of THREE questions. You must write the question number AND the entire question/prompt before you answer the question/prompt.
1) Discuss the difference in realist/neorealist theory vs. liberal/neoliberal theory regarding the prospect of cooperation among states? How do these two differ in their explanation of cooperation or lack thereof?
2) What are international regimes? What functions do they perform? And how might they lead to cooperation among states?
3) What are international organizations? What functions do they perform? And how might they lead cooperation among states?
4) How do international regimes and organizations differ? Provide examples of international organizations and international regimes? What do are the issue areas that each focus on?
5) International law has developed over time. What is just war doctrine? When is a war just?
6) What are the sources of international law? Provide an example of an international law from each source type.
7) Compare and contrast domestic and international law in terms of sources and enforcement. How do they differ?
8) What is the World Court or International Court of Justice? What types of disputes does it hear? Who are the litigants in these cases?
9) What is the International Criminal Court? What types of disputes does it hear? Who are the litigants in these cases?
10) What is the main function of the United Nations? How did this function originate?
11) What role does the General Assembly play? What are its powers? Look at the recent GA session. What were the main issues on the agenda?
12) What is the Security Council and what functions does it have? What are its permanent members?
13) Explain the function of United Nations peacekeeping forces, distinguish between peacekeeping and peacemaking, and describe two recent missions.
14) Identify several IGOs other than the UN or UN-related agencies that you think are important. Why did you choose these IGOs?
15) What are some current debates regarding the structure of the Security Council and the veto?