Disaster planning can help eliminate and reduce the potential for economic damage, loss of life, and destruction of property during a disaster. This task will focus on the recovery phase of the disaster recovery cycle.
Imagine you have been hired as a disaster recovery trainer. Your job is to respond to a scenario that requires individuals being trained to evaluate a simulated disaster response. The simulated organization and disaster are outlined in the attached LPHG Disaster Recovery Scenario. The organizations plans, policies and impact analysis are attached as well (LPHG Backup and Recovery Policy, LPHG Business Impact Analysis, LPHG Disaster Preparedness Plan)
A. Using the attached After Action Report Survey Template, create an after action report (AAR) by doing the following:
1. Discuss the plans, procedures, or other documents that were in place before the disaster in the General Information section of the template.
2. Summarize what occurred during the response in the scenario in the General Information section of the template.
3. Identify three strengths.
4. Analyze the strengths of the disaster response in the scenario by doing the following:
a. Discuss the contributing factors of each of the three strengths.
i. Discuss how the organizations plans, policies, and impact analysis contributed to each strength.
b. Discuss positive consequences of each of the three strengths.
c. Recommend ways to improve on each of the three strengths.
5. Identify three areas of improvement.
6. Analyze the areas for improvement of the disaster response in the scenario by doing the following:
a. Discuss the contributing factors of each of the three areas for improvement.
i. Discuss how the organizations plans, policies, and documents contributed to each of the three areas for improvement.
b. Discuss consequences of each of the three areas for improvement.
c. Recommend changes to the response plan (e.g., plans, procedures, equipment, training, mutual aid support, management, and leadership support) that could resolve the causes of each of the three areas for improvement.
B. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.