According to Novak (2012), federal funding for older adults has more than doubled since the 1960s. This reflects the increased number of older people and the increase in services or programs for the older people. These programs and services form a social safety net that ensures a minimum standard of health care and income for older people.
Develop a 1,750- to 2,100-word paper describing the various sources of retirement income for older people, including both governmental and personal sources of income.
- Discuss the various sources of income for the older population in The United States.
- Discuss the expenditures that the older people might have against this income.
- What reforms to government support systems might balance the income or expenditures for older people?
- Describe the potential economic effect of an aging population on family members who care for them.
- Discuss the economic effect of an aging population on society.
- As an administrator, how could you create more cost effective programs for the aging adults?
- Consider programs covered under federal funding, various education classes for adults, or finance courses for older adults.
Include at least 3 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar articles to support your findings.
Format your paper according to APA guidelines.