Review the Week 3 assignment, Functional Behavioral Assessment Short Paper, in which you outlined three challenging behaviors (and a possible function for each behavior) commonly observed in young children. Then, explore the purpose and process of behavior management in a paper in which you:
- Describe the purpose of behavior management in early childhood education settings, including why it is important to think proactively. Integrate the specific challenging behaviors to be detailed in this paper.
- Discuss three strategies teachers may use to determine the functions of challenging behaviors.
- Design an individual support plan for each of the challenging behaviors which includes:
- the possible functions of the behavior
- specific positive behavior supports
- replacement behaviors
- Summarize the role of the teacher in designing and implementing a classroom behavior plan.
Writing the Final Paper