Discuss two reasons why summer temperatures in coastal locations in Southern California are cooler than coastal locations at the same latitude in Georgia..
1) Discuss two reasons why summer temperatures in coastal locations in Southern California are cooler than coastal locations at the same latitude in Georgia.
2) When you are at the beach, you notice that the waves seem to break at the same point as they come towards shore. Explain what is happening beneath the surface to cause the waves to break at this point.
3) How would the melting of ice sheets in Greenland affect the deep-ocean circulation in the North Atlantic? How might this affect the climate of Northern Europe?
Your response should be at least 150 words in length.
4) Compare and contrast weather and climate and how the atmosphere affects both.
5) Many people confuse the large void in the ozone layer with global warming. Can you distinguish between the two phenomena? Discuss the causes of each. Explain how each process may harm living things. (Refer to the additional reading for this Unit).
Your response should be at least 200 words in length.
6) Examine the graph below. In your own words, describe why we see a seasonal difference in CO2 concentration in the atmosphere.