In 2005, serial killer Dennis Rader, also known as BTK, was arrested and convicted of murdering 10 people in Kansas between the years of 1974 and 1991. Further research this incident using quality and reputable resources.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Explicate how digital forensics was used to identify Rader as a suspect and lead to more concrete physical evidence.
- Describe in detail the digital evidence that was uncovered from the floppy disk obtained from Rader. Discuss why you believe it took so many years to find concrete evidence in order to build a case against Rader.
- Explain how the acquisition of digital evidence aided the investigation and whether or not you believe Rader wouldve been a person of interest if the floppy disk evidence wasnt sent.
- Identify the software that was used by the authorities to uncover the evidence and summarize how this software can be used for digital forensics and evidence collection.
- Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the students name, the professors name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Identify the role of computer forensics in responding to crimes and solving business challenges.
- Report investigative findings of potential evidentiary value.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in computer forensics.
- Write clearly and concisely about