First, read chapters 9 and 12 in your textbook, Transcultural Concepts in Nursing Care and chapter 18 Cultural Diversity and Care by Joan C. Engebretson. Then, answer the following questions:
- Define diversity in your own words.
- What are some benefits of a diverse health care workforce?
- What are some barriers to diversity in the nursing profession?
- Consider your own diverse cultural background. How does it affect the nursing care you provide?
- Initial Post: Minimum of two (2) total references: one (1) from required course materials and one (1) from peer-reviewed references.
- Initial Post: Minimum 200 words excluding references (approximately one (1) page)
This week, you will consider your own diverse cultural and generational background and how it impacts the care you provide to your patients.
For this written assessment we will focus on generational diversity in the nursing population. Review table 12.2 on p. 379 of your textbook and address the following:
- Define and describe the four generations – name, timeframe, and a description of that groupâ€™s characteristics.
- Choose the group to which you belong. Explain how you think that you fit with this assessment of that generation.
- Select any other group to which you do not belong. Explain how those from your group can learn from that group, and explain how that group could learn from yours.
- Minimum of four (4) total references: two (2) references from required course materials and two (2) peer-reviewed references. All references must be no older than five years (unless making a specific point using a seminal piece of information)
- Number of Pages/Words
- Unless otherwise specified all papers should have a minimum of 600 words (approximately 2.5 pages) excluding the title and reference pages.