Review the Rural, Suburban, and Urban Issues Worksheet completed in Week 2. Note. If you did not complete this worksheet in Week 2, complete it now to help you organize your thoughts.
Select a local government within your state to analyze. You may select either an urban, suburban, or rural government to review.
Prepare a 12- to 15 slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation.
In an introduction on Slide 1 explain and analyze the role, function and significance of Local Government in the US for the kind of political system we have in the US.
Then beginning in Slide 2 do the following:
- Describe which area you chose: urban, suburban, or rural. Briefly describe the areas demographics and characteristics.
- Describe the local form of government and identify the major elected officials of your selected area.
- Identify the major public policy issues, current events, and challenges this government faces and analyze one in depth.
- Discuss how the state government is addressing the issue you selected.
- Provide at least two potential, realistic solutions to the public policy issues, current events, and challenges this government faces.