Case Study 2
A 28-year old female presents for a routine physical. She has no complaints. Her personal medical history reveals asthma that is well controlled with an albuterol inhaler prn and Advair 250/50 1 puff BID. Social history reveals she is a nursing student who is a non-smoker, rarely uses alcohol, and is mostly vegetarian. Her physical exam is negative, and she is sent for a CBC/differential and lipid profile. Laboratory results reveal the following: Hemoglobin 10, Hematocrit 30.1, MCV increased.
Post 1 page response APA FORMAT current references. This is a discussion POST NO INTRDUCTION OR CONCLUSION PARAGRAGH ONLY ADDRESS 5 AREAS BELOW
- an explanation of the 3 differential diagnosis (FOR MACROCYTIC ANEMIA ) (1. Vitamin B 12 deficiency, 2. folic acid deficiency, or 3. pernicious anemia) for the patient in the case study above
- Describe the role this patient history, physical exam, and lab reports played in the diagnosis.
- Finally, explain the pathophysiology of the type of anemia that you diagnosed ( Vitamin B 12 deficiency),
- EXPLAIN potential treatment options (FOR Vitamin B 12 deficiency),
- Include causes for this type of anemia (FOR Vitamin B 12 deficiency),