Large organizations are not the one ones susceptible to threats of potential privacy and data security breaches. Individuals are also prone to vulnerabilities that may result in attacks and identity theft. The evoluation of the Internet has resulted in an exponential growth in exploits, malware, and other types of attacks for both individuals and for e-Commerce. Imagine that you are an IT professional and Web application developer for a retail company. Part of your job entails anticipating potential risks and develop strategies to mitigate them.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
- Explain the major effects that the advancement of technology has provided to businesses in relation to opportunities for more efficiency, collaboration, and distributed resources. Note: Be sure to include how the security landscape has changed.
- Analyze the major differences between the types of threats and vulnerabilities that exist between personal use and business use of the Internet.
- Suggest two (2) ways that you would incorporate perimeter defense into a risk management plan.
- Your retail organization has decided to do internal Web hosting. Assume that your Website is mission critical. Speculate on the top five (5) anticipated Website attack risks. Provide specific mitigation strategies to address each risk.
- Use at least four (4) quality references in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality references.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the students name, the professors name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Include a reference page. Citations and references must follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.