Organizations and individuals must be aware of the vulnerabilities of social engineering and social media. Research the Internet to find the threats and vulnerabilities of social engineering and social media as well as control measures that organizations and individuals can implement to help control these threats and vulnerabilities. Be prepared to discuss.
- From the e-Activity, describe the threats and vulnerabilities of social engineering and social media; include how they are similar and how they are different.
- From the e-Activity, describe the control measures that organizations and individuals need to implement to minimize the vulnerabilities associated with social engineering and social media.
- Many of the regulatory requirements discussed throughout this course are developed by various regulatory organizations and agencies. Additionally, there are many people and entities involved in the overall rule-making process. Review the information located athttp://www.federalregister.gov/uploads/2011/01/the_rulemaking_process.pdf and be prepared to discuss.
The Rule-Making Process Please respond to the following:
- From the e-Activity, describe the rule-making process, how agencies become involved in the rule-making process, and how other people can become involved in the rule-making process.
- From the e-Activity, determine if you believe that this rule-making process is effective or if it takes too long to implement new rules and regulations. Discuss whether or not this strengthens the American Legal System.
Food & Beverage Operations
Go to the Issues and Advocacy section of the National Restaurant Associations Website, located at www.restaurant.org/advocacy, and explore two to three (2-3) issues currently facing the restaurant industry. Be prepared to discuss.
Introduction to the Restaurant Industry Please respond to the following:
- If you were to open your own restaurant, specify the restaurant ownership option you would choose from the four (4) options discussed in this weeks reading: sole proprietorship, partnership, company, or franchise. Debate two (2) pros and two (2) cons of owning your chosen restaurant type. Provide support for your response.
- From the e-Activity, examine two (2) of the issues currently facing the restaurant industry. Explore the long-term impact of each issue on the restaurant industry. Provide a rationale for your response.
Go to the Franchises section of Entrepreneurs Website, located at http://www.entrepreneur.com/franchises/index.html and research at least three (3) restaurant franchises. Be prepared to discuss.
Types of Restaurants Please respond to the following:
- From the different types of restaurants highlighted in this weeks reading, classify two (2) restaurant types that are becoming more popular and two (2) restaurant types which are on the decline. Examine the primary manner in which the two (2) declining restaurants types you identified could evolve in order to increase their popularity within the next five (5) years. Provide justification for your response.
- From the e-Activity, select the one (1) restaurant franchise that you believe would be most profitable to open in your neighborhood. Analyze the key factors that you believe would contribute to the potential success of your chosen franchise. Justify your response.