The health care organization you are working for is switching from a paper-based to computer-based medical records system. Your supervisor has asked you to summarize what an electronic health record (EHR) is, and to list the advantages and disadvantages of using EHRs.
- Give a brief explanation of what an EHR is.
- What information is included in an EHR?
- Briefly describe some advantages and disadvantages of using EHRs in a medical office.
- Research an example of a medical office incorporating EHRs.
- How did it help them?
- Did it hurt them in any way?