Health and Wellness Story
Throughout Chapters 5 and 6 of your textbook, we have explored many areas of health and wellness this week. For your Week 3 assignment you will develop one of these themes into a story or presentation for children and their families.
To begin, choose one of the following health and wellness themes:
- Engaging in Physical Activity
- Nutritious Eating
- Illness/Infection Prevention
- Staying Healthy in School
- Staying Healthy at Home
Next, decide if you want to present your theme as a story using Storybird (Links to an external site.)or a presentation using PowerPoint. Your story or presentation must contain the following:
- A clear focus on one health and wellness theme from the list above.
- Be written for an audience of children and their families
- At least five teaching points that are directly related to your chosen theme. The teaching points you share could be facts from the textbook, ideas, strategies, or information relating to your chosen theme that are important to understand. For example, if you choose to develop a story based on the theme of illness/infection prevention you might have a child who gets sick and has to visit the doctor. While at the doctorâ€™s office, the child learns about five ways to prevent illness/infection. If you chose to create a presentation on this theme, you would need to include at least five examples of how you can prevent illness/infection that you want the children and families viewing your presentation to understand.
- At least five images, sounds, or audio features that enhance your story or presentation.
- A resource page with at least three child and family friendly resources that could be used for the family to learn more information about the theme of your story or presentation. This is separate from your reference page for the assignment.
- Your story or presentation should be at least ten pages/slides in length (not including the title and reference pages/slides). You will include at least two scholarly sources to support your theme. Be sure to cite these in APA format on the reference page.
Paste the link to your Storybird onto a Word document for submission or upload your PowerPoint in Waypoint. You will also share the link to your Storybird or upload your PowerPoint within the Doc Sharing forum within the Tools module.