QUESTIONS TO BE ANSWERED: WEEK 6
- Describe how the use of a tall smoke stack might improve air quality near a large industrial facility.
- How can topography contribute to pollution in a city or region?
- From where do hurricanes derive their energy? What factors tend to weaken hurricanes? Would you expect a hurricane to weaken more quickly if it moved over land or over cooler water?
- Where is the Bermuda high located during the summer and fall? How might the path of a hurricane, moving toward the west from Africa, be affected by the Bermuda High as the hurricane approaches the United States?
- How do you think pollutants are removed from the atmosphere? Does this occur quickly or slowly?