How Do You Reward Your Top Talent?
How does your organization recognize, develop, and replace, and rewarding top talent? The current shift is to focus on the best talent at all levels. In assessing the effectiveness of talent management systems in general, we really need to ask the right questions. The eight questions are found on page 88 of your textbook. Address two of the questions to your current or former workplace and answer them. Evaluate the companys ability to manage top talent.
Implications of Competition Analysis
This week we will be discussing and providing examples for the various industries to include: growth industry, mature industry, and declining industry.
Identify a growth industry, a mature industry, and a declining industry. For each industry, identify the following;
- the number and size distribution of companies;
- the nature of barriers to entry;
- the height of barriers to entry; and (d) the extent of product differentiation.
Once you have identified an example for each, then, answer the following questions:
- What do these factors tell you about the nature of competition in each industry?
- What are the implications for the company in terms of opportunities and threats?