Draft a response to each of the bulleted questions below. Each question must have its own response and have a minimum of 75 words.
- Defined benefit plans normally require ten years for vesting or having a right to benefit at retirement. How likely are employees today to remain at one employer long enough to be eligible for a defined benefit pension?
- What affect has Affordable Care Act 2010 had on employers and employees?
- Some employers offer employees lower deductibles if they do not smoke and maintain a healthy weight. What are your thoughts about involving employees in helping to keep costs low?
- According to Bureau of Labor Statistics, average worker today stays at each of his or her jobs for 4.4 years, but the expected tenure of the workforces youngest employees is about half that. Ninety-one percent of Millennials (born between 1977-1997) expect to stay in a job for less than three years, according to the Future Workplace. That means they would have 15 20 jobs over the course of their working lives. What implications does this have for workers and employers?
- What arguments can be made in favor of using compressed workweek schedules for companies that pursue lowest cost strategies? What are the arguments against using compressed workweek schedules in such situations?
- Of the many reimbursements and allowances that U.S. companies make for employees who take foreign assignments, which one is the most essential? Explain your reasons.
- Some experts argue that consumer-directed health care is, among other things, a great communications tool for employee benefits. Defend this position.