1. Read the play Oedipus the King, and make your personal handwritten notes as you read (noted typed). Also, read about Greek Mythology and make a hand written one page notes.
* Oedipus the King (Rex) by Sophocles
2. Write an essay about any one of the following topics:
- Write a five paragraph essay in which you discuss at least three themes that are evidenced in the play, Oedipus The King (Rex). 25 points (5 points for each paragraph).
- Giving examples, write an essay in which you discuss the relevance of the play, Oedipus the King (Rex), to our contemporary society. 25 points (5 points for each paragraph).
(Hint; intro â€“Background information and a clear thesis. Body three body paragraphs; in each paragraph identify theme and discuss it i.e. how it relates to Greek experience and/or our contemporary experience, and for each theme give adequate specific examples to justify your argument. Concluding paragraph-restate thesis and provide your opinion).