Identify and discuss at least 3 types of conflict found in a healthcare setting..
unity of 70,000 people. He has just completed a meeting with the hospital administrator, Susy Miller. The meeting was called to address to find an acceptable solution to an apparant conflict between Ms. Miller and the chief of the Bariatric Program, Dr. Kincaid. The problem: The Bariatic Program manager is scheduling the various surgeries in such a way that the providers do not feel they can adequately perform these complicated procedures. They also feel there isnt proper time allowed between procedures to set up the surgical suite for the next case. The providers feel that the scheduling issues are resulting in poor patient outcomes. It has also been pointed out that the program manager shows favoritism toward some of the providers and allows them more time in the OR and between cases. The problem escalated when Dr. Kincaid fired the program manager after numerous complaints from providers, staff, and patients. The manager talked to Ms. Miller who over-ruled the doctor. She cited that non-clinical staff could not be fired by the program director. After reading this scenario, use the information you have gleaned from your research and the required readings to answer the following questions.
- Identify and discuss at least 3 types of conflict found in a healthcare setting.
- What type of conflict is represented in this scenario? (Justify your response.)
- What is the potential impact on the Bariatric Program and the organization? (Discuss at least three)
- What are some potential solutions? Which one is the best considering all the facts that have been presented?
- What will likely be the reaction of Ms. Miller, Dr. Kincaid, and the program manager when a resolution is decided?