1) Optimizing Database Design Please respond to the following:
- A) Many legacy systems require normalization. Identify at least two factors that should be considered in order to produce an optimal normalized set of tables when performing normalization. Include in your discussion a detailed example on how each factor would eliminate data redundancy.
- B) Optimal database design recognizes proper organization of table structures and relationships. Suggest at least two methods that can be used to improve the design of a database system.
2) Denormalization Functionality Please respond to the following:
- A) Having an adequate data model to serve specific business needs of an organization is important. Evaluate the need for denormalization within an organization. Provide at least three examples that prove denormalization is useful to data consumers.
- B) Using a data-modeling checklist can help database developers design efficient data repositories. Suggest at least two possible scenarios that could take place if one of the steps in the data-modeling checklist (below) is missed.
3) Scope Creep Please respond to the following:
- A) Describe a previous project in which you were involved, where scope creep occurred. Explain why it occurred and at least one (1) way it could have been prevented.