For this assignment, you will explore the official sources of crime data. Crime data is the foundation for theory building. Crime data makes it important for criminologists to identify patterns. Patterns help researchers and policy makers determine the best paths and solutions. Patterns also indicate if something is a onetime occurrence or a recurrent phenomenon.
Read your textbook as well as any external source to prepare an 9 slide Microsoft PowerPoint presentation. In your presentation:
- Identify four sources of crime data.
- Identify the data collection methods as well as the agencies in charge of the data.
- Describe the types of data collected (for example, crimes committed, offender data, and victim data).
- Describe the pros and cons of each data set.
- Describe three crime trends from the identified sources of crime data.
All of your 9 slides should have detailed speakernotes
Separate this points above using subheadings
Make sure you go through rubric to know which point o