By Monday, February 8, 2016 complete the assignment presented below.
During the first week of class you conducted your first practice interview, and in week three you developed an Interview Guide. For this activity, you will be using your Interview Guide, the analysis of potential interview biases from LASA 1, and the feedback you have received from your instructor to conduct an interview with a volunteer.
Prior to the Interview
- Locate an adult volunteer.
- Read the analysis requirements below and ENSURE you meet them within your interview. Make sure your interview includes:
- A minimum of 5 open and 5 closed ended questions (10 total).
- A minimum of 5 examples of paraphrasing, summaries, or reflections techniques (must have at least one of each paraphrase, summary, and reflection/5 total).
- Gather Recording Equipment (video is preferred). You will need to record your interview.
- Also make sure you have a watch or a timer to keep track of the length of your interview. Make sure your interview is not less than 5 minutes long.
- Needs to be at least 5 minutes long, but it should not be more than 10 minutes.
- Be prepared! Although it may not sound like it, 5 minutes is a long time in interviewing time. If you are having problems filling 5 minutes, go back to the interview skills you have learned about (e.g., probing, reflections, and summaries).
After the Interview
- Play back the recording of the interview.
- Transcribe or write out the interview completely. Be sure to write outeverything said during the interview
- After you have written the transcript of the interview, provide a detailed analysis of the interview. On your transcript:
- Identify Questions Used: On your transcript identify at least 5 closed and 5 open ended questions that you used during the interview. Identify these on your transcript using all caps (10 questions total).