- In designing the advertising for a soft drink, which would you find more helpful: information about consumer demographics or consumer lifestyles? Give examples of how you would use each type of information.
- According to Tony Wainwright, President of the Bloom Companies, Perception is reality. How does perception affect consumer buying? Thinkabout a very good or very bad experience you have had with a product. Discuss how the experience shaped your beliefs about the product, the purchasing process, or shopping in stores. How long do you think these beliefs will last? What could change these beliefs?
- List and discuss the major types of business buying situations. Identify which of the major types of buying situations are represented by the following: (a) Chryslers purchase of computers that go in cars and adjust engine performance to changing driving conditions, (b) Volkswagens purchase of spark plugs for its line of vans, and (c) Hondas purchase of light bulbs for a new Acura model?
- Visit the World Trade Organization- Official Site and then briefly describe the World Trade Organization (WTO) and its purpose.
- Briefly describe protectionism and give one argument for and one argument against it (from the US perspective).
- List and discuss the five situational influences that affect the consumer purchase decision process.
- Watch the video Did YouKnow 2016 and comment on the role of technology and globalization on marketing in the 21st century.
- How does this course relate to the real business world? There are literally hundreds of stories written each week about the marketing environment. Here you can post a summary of and discuss relevant articles about marketing that you have read. Please explain why you think it is relevant to the course and include a link so that other students can read the whole article if they wish. Please do not post entire articles to the discussion board.
- How does this course relate to your everyday life? Marketing is part of all of our lives and touches each of us in some way almost every day. Throughout this course you will all shop and buy things using the principles discussed in the book. Here you can post stories about your personal marketing experiences relevant to the course. Along with your discussion comments please explain how your experience is related to the material we have covered.
Is this part of your assignment? ORDER NOW
Philanthropicprofessor.org is a marketplace platform to connect students with tutors for their academic needs. Our network of tutors will help make study error-free with accurate grammar, context, guidelines, and everything in between. Enjoy top-quality academic guidance by the veteran specialists.