- Understand the contribution of various functional areas e.g. production, marketing, purchasing and supply management to the overall well-being of the organization (Lo 1.2.)
- Identify opportunities and threats as well as strengths and weakness in the operating environment of hypothetical and real-world organizations (Lo 2.9)
Based on the text about TOMS Shoes Company, answer the following questions:
- What is the competitive strategy used by TOMS Shoes Company? (1 mark)
- Identify opportunities and threats as well as strengths and weakness of the company .(illustrate them within a table ) (2 marks)
- Describe the roles of directional, marketing, operations and human resource strategies in the overall well-being of TOMS Shoes Company. (2 marks)
Instructions â€“ PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
- The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submission will NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
- Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.