The growth of the Internet has presented candidates a new method by which to communicate with voters. Candidates now use websites, social networking platforms, cell phone applications and other mobile devices to reach potential voters. Conduct an analysis of the emergence of New Media (Internet and Mobile devices) and its effect on political communication and voter behavior. Use this general outline to conduct your comparison. The analysis should be three to four double-spaced pages in length (excluding title and reference pages). Use at least three resources other than the course textbook to support your analysis.
- Introduction (1/2 page)
- Describe the emergence of New Media (internet and mobile devices) in the increase of political communication. (one to two pages)
- When did candidates begin using New Media to reach potential voters?
- What has been the trend for New Media use in reaching potential voters?
- Analyze and evaluate the main strengths and weaknesses of New Media growth in candidate communication with the electorate and the effect of New Media on political communication utilizing both quantitative and qualitative data as support. (one to two pages)
- How has the use of New Media changed political communication?
- How has New Media expansion changed voting behavior?
- What do you expect the future of New Media and political communication to be like? How will it change and what will happen to traditional media outlets?
- Conclusion (1/2 page)