Sequence the jobs shown below by using a Gantt chart. Assume that the move time between machines is one hour. Sequence the jobs in priority order 1, 2, 3, 4.
Job Work Center/Machine HoursDue Date (days)
A/3, B/2, C/2
B/6, A/1, C/3
C/4, A/1, B/2
- Using finite capacity scheduling, draw a Gantt chart for the schedule (Marks 0.5)
- What is the makespan?
- How much machine idle time is there?
- How much idle time (waiting time) is there for each job?
- When is each job delivered?
- Which department is the bottleneck?
- Calculate the machine utilization?
A public accounting firm requires the following activities
for an audit:
- Draw a network for this project?
- Make a forward pass and a backward pass to determine ES, LS, EF, and LF?
- What are the critical path?
** A clearer version of the table with attachments