Titanic Project 1
On April 15, 1912, the largest passenger liner ever made collided with an iceberg during her maiden voyage. When the Titanic sank it killed 1502 out of 2224 passengers and crew. This sensational tragedy shocked the international community and led to better safety regulations for ships. One of the reasons that the shipwreck resulted in such loss of life was that there were not enough lifeboats for the passengers and crew. Although there was some element of luck involved in surviving the sinking, some groups of people were more likely to survive than others.
The titanic.csv file contains data for 887 of the real Titanic passengers. Each row represents one person.
Write a Python Jupyter Notebook that reads the data file and finds the answers to the following questions:
- What is the probability that a child who is in third class and is 10 years old or younger survives?
- How much did people pay to be on the ship (average)?
- Calculate the expectation of fare conditioned on passenger-class (lowes and highest paid).
Restate and answer the three questions with your interpretation and support analysis of it.
10 points per question based on (2 points each):
- Document the import and selection of data
- Document any data transformation
- Summarize any tabular results
- Summary of you interpretation of any visual results
- Restate the question with your answer based on the analysis.
Submit your answers and work in a Jupyter Notebook (PDF) export or print to PDF.
please make sure to add code