Prepare for inter professional stakeholders a 1012-slide presentation (not including title and reference pages) explaining how nurse leaders can use information technology to improve nursing practices that support and sustain positive patient outcomes. You do not need to actually present your assessment but be sure to include speakers notes for each slide.
The dissemination of evidence-based practice outcomes helps nurses build stakeholder engagement and support for the use of information system and technology for health care delivery.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Describe the importance of effective scholarship and evidence-based information to advance the profession of nursing. ?Describe the basic differences between research (qualitative and quantitative) and evidence-based practice (EBP).
?Describe how nurse leaders use evidence-based practice to support and sustain patient-care outcomes.
?Describe how theory development and research exploration supports nursing practice changes that increase positive patient outcome.
- Competency 3: Explain the use of information management tools and technologies to monitor and improve health care delivery and patient outcomes. ?Identify a nursing practice that has recently changed in a specific health care setting.
?Describe how nurse leaders use communication to build interprofessional stakeholder engagements.
- Competency 4: Communicate in a manner that is consistent with expectations of a nursing professional. ?Write coherently to support a central idea in appropriate format with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics.
Questions to Consider
To deepen your understanding, you are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, or a member of the business community.
- How do you manage and lead technology use?
- What will the future of health care delivery look like as you contemplate technology development?
- What should nurses be prepared for within the context of technology use to develop improved patient care (from a strategic standpoint)?
- How do we translate new technology knowledge into patient care to develop evidence-based practice?
- How do we maintain patient safety and continue to improve patient outcomes as we increase technology use in health care?