Due Week 10 and worth 150 points
During this course, you have developed many of the artifacts utilized by project managers. You have learned that, contrary to common misconceptions, project managers are involved in more than scheduling. In this paper, you will cover some of the other areas in which project managers are involved including procurement, change control, communication, and leadership.
Write an eight to ten (8-10) page paper in which you:
- Explain the project procurement process.
- Explain how change control is implemented in the information technology processes.
- Analyze the required elements of a communication plan.
- Describe the different organizational structures as it relates to project management (i.e., functional, project-based, matrix).
- Assess the importance of the project manager’s role in organizational leadership.
- Examine the different leadership approaches and determine when each approach is best utilized.
- Describe three (3) conflict resolution techniques that project managers can utilize to keep team members productive.
- Describe five (5) ethical situations that project managers may face in their role.
- Explain the role of technology in project management.
- Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Prepare strategies to manage project resources to include human resources, capital equipment, and time.
- Summarize the project procurement process including external acquisition and outsourcing.
- Design project execution activities including change control and communicating project status.