PEER REVIEW ASSIGNMENT
For this assignment, you will read your classmateâ€™s draft and write a constructive review that your classmate can use to help them revise and improve their final draft. Your review should be written as a letter to your classmate that addresses the questions posed below in narrative form. Your response letter should be at least 1.5 double-spaced pages, in 12 pt. Times New Roman font.
PEER REVIEW WORKSHEET
Read your classmateâ€™s draft once without pausing to write comments.
Then read the draft again with the following questions in mind.
(This worksheet is just for you to organize your thoughts, not to exchange with your classmate.)
- Looking at the draft as a whole, what is the writerâ€™s main thesis? Is a thesis clearly written in the introduction, or just implied? Is the thesis framed as an argument the writer is making, or just a statement about the topic?
- As a reader, do you find the tone to be academic or too casual? Does the writer provide sufficient background and context for their topic? Do some concepts or words need to be defined? Is any part of their argument confusing?
- Does the writer clearly articulate reasons that support their argumentative thesis? Is the evidence for these reasons clear and effective? Is there any obvious reasoning or evidence (that supports or counters their thesis) that the writer might have overlooked?
- Now consider each paragraph separately. What is the basic point of the paragraph? How does each paragraph relate to the draftâ€™s main thesis, or to the previous paragraph? Should some paragraphs be deleted? Be divided into two or more paragraphs? Be combined? Be put elsewhere?
- Look specifically at the introductory and concluding paragraphs. Are they strong and effective? Does the introduction make you want to read the rest of the paper? Does the conclusion summarize the argument?
- As a reader, what do you see as this draftâ€™s main strengths?
- What are two specific suggestions you have for how the writer might improve their draft?
Please read the paper more than one